Monday, August 30, 2010

Winter in this heart.

While I should be reviewing terms for my Literature quiz tomorrow, I wanted to take a moment to explain.

Explain my thoughts.

It feels like winter inside my heart. I just got back(well, 2 hrs ago) from having coffee with a friend and I realized something.

It is winter in my heart. We all go through seasons in our faith and right now mine is winter. I feel the cool breeze that comes off the snow which lies at the depth of my heart. I want so desperately for life to grow here. For tulips to blossom and for the sun to shine, but it is desolate in the winter months. Dark. Cold. Grey.

I want so desperately to make something of my life. I want so desperately to be remembered. I want so despreately to Grow and watch others growing. Teach and be taught. Love and be loved. Inspire and be inspired.

I am hoping that my quick and gut decision about helping in Children's will develop this in me. I hope that I begin to dig deep in Student Leadership this year, make every bit count. I need to grow this year, because the growth I make this year will help guide me through these winter storms and icy waters.
Choosing to take the winter that is currently my heart and turn it into spring this semester. Doing so, will lay the foundation for a Christ-centered life if moments of doubting my faith come in college.

I dont want to be apart of the statistic talking about the percent of Christians who loose their faith when they hit college.

I want to become a heart full of vibrant life, hustle and bustle, and a heart that shines only the summer suns brightest rays. I want to grow and I want to move. I want to succeed and I want to fail. I want to survive the storms and the dark nights. I want to change.

Love always
Your Daughter,
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment