Thursday, November 4, 2010

Left Side, Strong Side.

I love sister time. Adore it even.

Today Shelby shared her mad rapping skills with me... we belted songs out of pitch to each other...we had a totally unhealthy dinner...and we just spent time with each other. Laughing & enjoying the presence of one another.

We had an amazing friend over at the same time... but it didn't even matter that it wasn't just us. What mattered was we invested in each other. Shelby into I and I into Shelby. We didn't need to be alone, being with friends was so good for the both of us anyways.

 We didn't need to have a sob fest  or some super deep conversation....we just needed to be in the same room together. We just needed to get a little crazy, let loose, and be ourselves again.

How Refreshing it is... to feel connected again. I am so inspired by my sister.

 We have a bond that can never be broken. We know how to read each other...we know each others needs...and we try our best to be there for each other. Shelby has such a genuine spirit. She truly cares about those in her life. She writes what she calls "gratitude letters" to her friends which absolutely inspired this post. I am so grateful that I have a big sister... She's my big and I'm her little :)

She has such a drive in obtaining her goals in life. She is encouraging and always has a positive attitude. She gives her all in school and in the pool. She is such a leader and inspires others on a daily basis :)
I love everything that makes up my lovely sister.

I love how she laughs when she has too much soda. I love how she is so sweet and kind yet somehow has this hidden "gangster-rapper" that comes out on occasion... if you're lucky. I love how she always supports me when I need it most. I love how she knows the inner workings of me. She recognizes the moments when all I really need is for her to blast the radio and for us to sing together as loud as we can. She recognizes when I'm hurt, and always brightens my mood.She knows just when I need a cup of coffee or a funny joke.  She knows my buttons, and while sometimes that can be rather bothersome... I would never have it any other way. She surprises me everyday with the amount of love she has for life and her friends and family.

Thank you Sister. You have taught me the importance of going after your dreams... the importance of giving someone all the love in your heart. Thank you sister, for always being my best friend, my study partner, my big sister, my mind reader, my care taker, and of course my partner in crime.

"Sister, I am seeking your companionship....Forever and Always I will."

Know that you are loved.You are my biggest inspiration. My most sacred relationship.

I hope only to one day repay you all the love, encouragement, and fun times we have had together.

With so much love and gratitude...

Your little sis forever and always,
                                             Britt.

No comments:

Post a Comment