Wednesday, January 26, 2011

...And the waves come crashing...

My heart is heavy tonight. I need your love.

I feel like the inside of my heart is similar to that of the crashing waves. I have moments where I can walk through the day more in love with my life then ever. On those days I see the sunrise as a new beginning. I see my friends and loved ones as the largest of all blessings. I find peace in confiding in my favorite teachers... telling them of my ups and downs of the day...Laughing and enjoying the day with them.
Those days are days where the waves are gently rolling in and welcoming the new comers as they wade in deeper and deeper.

Then there are the other days. Days where the waves are violently crashing on the shore while the storms are brewing. On these days I find myself desiring to see you, desiring to be comforted by you (or no, not even that specific)...just plain desiring to be comforted by those I love and admire. On these days I find myself running to grab a jar of Nutella at Raley's and watching my (as you WELL know) all time favorite TV show WNTW...Stacy London does wonders to make me feel confident and beautiful again.

Yet no matter what type of day it is, or what type of waves are hitting the shores of my heart- I remember you. I remember the strength you once brought me.I remember how hard you have fought for me. I remember your love and your encouragement. I remember days spent shopping and dinners at Chili's.
I remember that I once had a mother who was the definition of beautiful. I remember that once I was able to come home to you. I remember how important it is to spend the time we do have on this earth- loving, with every inch of our heart. You will always be in me. You will always be my light and my love.
Love always and forever.
Your Daughter,
                   Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment