Monday, February 8, 2010

Superbowl and Sleepless in Seattle Sundays

So... I know your not a big football fan but I told you I will keep you updated on EVERYTHING that goes on while your not home. So, yesterday the Superbowl 44 was between the Colts and the Saints. The New Orlean Saints (colors gold and blue)won, the final score being 31-17. I didn't watch the game(Dad and I watched Sleepless in Seattle instead)...but I heard the Colts dominated the first couple of quarters and then the Saints came in for the win unexpectedly. This is the Saints first Superbowl win.
More interesting then the game were the commercials and half time show. Most of the new commercials were very degrating to men according to the Yahoo News:)

Sidenote: Mom, Sleepless in Seattle is the cutest movie EVER! totally teared up at the end when Jonai and Sam met Anne :) Beautiful love Stories:)

Oh... so, I know you dont like me talking about church much but, I went yesterday. The talk was so applicable.It was on maturity.

Heres the basics of what I learned mom:

Maturity isn't about...
1.age
2.appearance
3.achievement
4. academics
Its all about Attitude.. I thought this was funny because you know how dad always says Attitude is everything!


Five marks of maturity are..
1.Positivity under pressure
2.sesitive to people
3.mastered mouth(no cursing ;))
4.peacemaker not troublemakwer
5.and to be hopoeful when troubled

So, I thought this was a real great lesson for me mom... because I know there are moments lately when I've missed you a great deal, and although your fighting hard I want you to fight harder.

This has really shown me that I must mature a bit and realize that in time you will make great progress. So mom, keep fighting and I will keep trying to not be selfish and instead realize your doing your best.
Much love. Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment