Sunday, July 4, 2010

July fourth and all the fireworks that come with it...

Mom,
So today as you know is July 4th...although, to tell you the truth I haven't really been in the spirit of celebration.

Shelb went off with Kari and they headed to our friend Matt's house to do who knows what.

I stayed home with dad and watched an hour and a half of lame "safe and sane" fireworks with the Hansen's and their boys. It's a good thing I'm not into fireworks all that much or i would have been disappointed for sure...

It's weird mom....no block party this year, you weren't home to make my favorite brownie and ice cream sundaes, i didnt get to see you do what you love: party plan, cook for others, and freak out about decorations:)

Tonight as dad and I were waiting for it to get dark, we discussed next year and how if it all works out I would be going away to college.Who knows were I will land, and honestly if i stay here longer that is fine too...

It is just odd to think that last summer may have been the last summer that we went on family vacations, or you bugged me to get a job, or you worried about it getting too hot becausethis summer has sadly started without you:( and next summer who knows where I'll be or where you'll be.. I am hopeful and hope for nothing but the best!

Happy Fourth of July Momma! It's not the same without you.

Love always your daughter,
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment