Monday, September 13, 2010

One... the loneliest number??

I've been doing a lot of what I do best. Just sitting and thinking about love. If you know me, you will know I do this a lot!


I like to think about the future...what i see myself doing...if I will love it

....i like to think about the ones I love... and what they will be doing...

.........I like to think about the people who I haven't yet met or loved... and where they are right now....

and the one thing that I keep thinking about is the idea of being single.

They say one is the loneliest number.

Do I believe it?

I would say 99.9 percent of the time, no. I feel that being single allows you to discover who you are. what you want. what you're looking for. what you love to do. what your dreams are. Being single allows you to be free. It gives you time to invest in yourself...and while at times I feel selfish doing it, a true leader does not starve themselves. A real leader is NOT a starving baker. I am a true believer in the idea that to pour rightfully into others you must pour into yourself first.


However, as I'm sure you've guessed...this is the .1 percent time. The time where I feel needy, and how horrible I feel to admit it. but here it goes: I don't want to be single at this moment in time.


Of course I'm smart enough to know not to go run after and catch a boyfriend just to have one. That wouldn't be fair to him or myself.
                                                      ...but secretly i wish i could...

I think now about what my life would be like if I had a guy. The perfect one.


A guy who loves God, and We invest into each other

A guy who calls me beautiful... and maybe even gorgeous

A guy who I can be myself around

A guy who respects me

                         A guy who openly communicates
A guy who loves his family...and respects the idea of family time

A guy who knows how to balance "our time" and time with his friends

A guy who plays the guitar...I'm sorry but sadly I love music too much to live without this :)
Maybe...He's around here somewhere...

Maybe...if its in the plan...He'll come around

Because I cant wait to invest in each other...and grow together

No comments:

Post a Comment